Are you OK with cookies?

We use small files called ‘cookies’ on to give you the best experience on our site. Some are essential to make the site work, and some help us understand how people use the site so that we can improve your experience. You can choose to turn off the non-essential cookies. Which cookies are you happy for us to use?

Step-by-step guide to reporting a complaint

Before you start

You can use our online tool to report a complaint about a rights issue.

To make sure the IMA is the right place for your complaint, have a look at the checklist below.

  1. Are your rights protected in the EU Withdrawal Agreement or EEA EFTA Separation Agreement?
  2. Have you had a rights issue with a UK public body?
  3. Do you understand that the IMA cannot directly resolve your issue or overturn individual decisions already made?

If you answered yes to all those questions, it sounds like the IMA is the right place to report your complaint.

Although we can take action against public bodies that have not protected citizens’ rights, we will not resolve individual cases. If you have an issue that needs resolving, you should complain directly to the organisation you are having a problem with.

We do still want to hear from you, though. You can report the issue to the IMA at the same time but we will not resolve your case for you.

Next page
How to report