About the IMA
The IMA, established on 31 December 2020, is an independent body and is governed by an independent board.
We are a UK-wide body dedicated to promoting and monitoring the implementation and application of the citizens’ rights parts of the Withdrawal Agreement and the EEA EFTA Separation Agreement.
These agreements set out the Citizens’ Rights as covering residency; social security; mutual recognition of professional qualifications and other economic rights.
For more information please visit our website.
The IMA offers:
Generous holidays – basic holiday entitlement of 25 days that increases with your length of service plus normal public and bank holidays.
Flexible working -we offer a flexible working scheme
Learning and development – we offer a range of development opportunities to support our staff
Equality, diversity and inclusion – equality, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to the way we work. We are committed to maintaining a culture where our employees can be themselves at work and perform at their best. It is also essential that our employees represent and understand the diverse community we serve.
Pension scheme – we participate in the Civil Service Pension scheme. The pension scheme is a defined benefit scheme that provides retirement benefits on career average earnins and length of service. Both employee and employer contributions are based on salary level.
We take development seriously and want to enable you to build a successful career with the IMA. It is crucial that our employees have the right skills to develop their careers and meet the challenges ahead, and you’ll benefit from regular performance and development reviews to ensure this development is ongoing.
You’ll be entitled to a large range of benefits.
- 25 days annual leave on entry, increasing on a sliding scale to 30 days after 5 years’ service. This is in addition to 8 public holidays. This will be complimented by one privilege day entitlement
- a flexible working policy, which currently includes flexible working hours
- principal civil service pension scheme that you can enter as soon as you join where we will make a significant contribution to the cost of your pension; your contributions come out of your salary before any tax is taken; and your pension will continue to provide valuable benefits for you and your family if you are too ill to continue to work or die before you retire
- established reward and recognition scheme for staff
- generous paid maternity and paternity leave which is notably more than the statutory minimum offered by many other employers
- childcare benefits. Working parents can open an online childcare account and for every £8 they pay in, the government adds £2, up to a maximum of £2,000 a year for each child or £4,000 for a disabled child. Parents then use the funds to pay for registered childcare. Existing employees may be able to continue to claim childcare vouchers
- interest-free loans allowing you to spread the cost of an annual travel season ticket or a new bicycle
- occupational sick pay, employee assistance services and health and wellbeing initiatives such as flu vaccines and health screening
- We have a range of family-friendly policies, such as part-time working, job sharing, parental leave and career breaks and a range of leave options for parents. These depend on business needs, but our aim is to help you achieve a positive work-life balance
Our employee diversity networks support our culture of inclusion and will contribute to our diversity action plan. Our current focus is to encourage people from under-represented groups into management and leadership roles, especially people with disabilities, women and ethnic minority colleagues.
Learning and Development
We offer an extensive range of learning and development opportunities via the Civil Service Learning platform and in partnership with other providers.
Both of these have online and classroom learning sessions. We will fund qualifications that are directly relevant to your role and are developing career progression paths and schemes that can help you fulfil your potential.
We also offer temporary internal development opportunities to all eligible employees when they arise.